These Coiled Support Terms sets forth the term and conditions upon which Coiled will provide Support to Customers who have paid for a subscription to Coiled Cloud, Coiled Teams (Cloud only) or Coiled Enterprise (Cloud and on-prem).
Section One: Support and Maintenance
Customer will designate support personnel who are knowledgeable about the Products to be responsible for reporting Errors and receiving and distributing Error corrections. Coiled’s support team representatives will record all Error reports and coordinate responses. Customer may submit Error reports electronically. Customer may also request electronic status reports on reported Errors online or via e-mail. Coiled and Customer will cooperate in efforts to resolve reported Errors. For all reproducible reported Errors, Coiled will assign a tracking or ticket number, will work to determine the source of the Errors and will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide a Fix, by-pass or Work-around according to the timeframes described in the Support Levels section below. Coiled may request that the Customer duplicate the Error, instruct Coiled how to duplicate the Error or provide problem log dumps, diagnostic tests or other investigative support. Customer will provide all reasonably requested information to assist in arriving at a problem solution. In cases where Coiled determines in its sole discretion that an Error in the standard Product has been identified by Customer, Coiled will use commercially reasonable efforts to attempt to provide a temporary resolution, and where appropriate, to provide a permanent fix to the standard Product within a commercially reasonable timeframe according the terms of the Support Levels section below.
Coiled may determine based on the information provided by Customer or through its own investigation that identified Errors were caused by non-Coiled hardware, software, customizations, or from unauthorized modifications to Products (a “Customer Error”). In the event of a Customer Error, Coiled will either, at its sole discretion, close the ticket without fixing the Customer Error or ask the Customer if it would like Coiled to attempt to fix the Customer Error. If Customer and Coiled agree that Coiled will attempt to fix a Customer Error (though Coiled is under no obligation to do so), Coiled will bill Customer for such efforts on a time and materials basis, even if Coiled is unable to fix the Customer Error.
Section Two: Coiled Products Eligible for Support
The table below describes the Coiled products that are eligible for Support and the entitlements of each product:
|Coiled Cloud||Coiled Pro||Coiled Enterprise|
|Limited Support Access (10×5)||Limited Support Access (10×5)||Enterprise-grade Support Access (24×7)|
|Training videos/ Getting Started webinars||Slack support||Priority Slack support|
|Basic Support Terms||Enterprise-grade Support Terms||Enterprise-grade Support Terms|
|Training videos / Getting Started webinars||Training videos/ Getting Started webinars||Training Credits|
|5% discount off publicly available premium training classes||10% discount off publicly available premium training classes||20% discount off publicly available premium training classes|
|Performance Optimization Credits|
|Named Customer Success Manager|
|Quarterly Customer Success Meeting|
Section Three: Coiled Enterprise Priority Levels
For customers that have licensed Coiled Cloud within Coiled Enterprise, in the event that a Service-affecting issue is detected by Coiled or reported by Customer, Coiled shall, in its reasonable discretion, categorize the Priority Level pursuant to the criteria below.
|1||A Product failure or severe degradation. Customer is unable to access any business resources. System down.||Important Product feature or functionality needed for Customer’s use are unavailable. Customer’s use of Coiled is non-functional.|
|2||A partial Product failure or mild degradation. Customer is able to access some but not all business resources.||Less significant Product feature is unavailable. Customer’s work related to Product has a minor loss of operational functionality or implementation resources.|
|3||Minor Product impact. Customer is able to access almost all business resources.||An error, bug, or issue with Product is causing minimal impact on the normal operations of Customer related to Product. Customer’s use of Product is continuing and no work is being materially impeded at the time.|
|4||Clarification or Information Request Only (no development work)||Customer requests information or clarification regarding Product but there is no or minimal impact on the operation of Product.|
Section Four: Dask Enterprise Support Priority Levels
For customers that have licensed Dask Enterprise Support within Coiled Enterprise, in the event that a service-affecting issue is detected by Coiled or reported by Customer, Coiled shall, in its reasonable discretion, categorize the Priority Level pursuant to the criteria below. Coiled will deliver commercially reasonable efforts to meet the timeframes in the table below.
Enterprise Support will only address bugs in existing Dask features and functionality, or future features and functionality that are made generally available to all Dask users and specifically described in generally available Dask Documentation. All other support services, including requests to add functionality to Dask or to resolve large changes to the design of the project, will be deemed “Funded Development”.
|1||Substantial Business Impact||Important Dask project features needed for Customer’s use of the Dask project are unavailable. Customer’s use of the Dask project is continuing; however, there is a serious impact on Customer’s normal operations.|
|2||Some Business Impact||Less significant Dask project features are unavailable. Customer’s work related to the Dask project has a minor loss of operational functionality or implementation resources.|
|3||Minimal Business Impact||An error, bug, or issue with the Dask project is causing minimal impact on the normal operations of Customer related to the Dask project. Customer’s use of the Dask project is continuing and no work is being materially impeded at the time.|
|4||Clarification or Information Request Only (no development work)||Customer requests information or clarification regarding the Dask project but there is no or minimal impact on the operation of the Dask project|
Section Five: Response Times
Coiled will use commercially reasonable efforts to adhere to the following response times and correction or work-around times pursuant to the Support Service package indicated on the Order Form.
Coiled Enterprise Support Levels
|Priority Level||First Response||Target Delivery of Correction or Work-Around|
|1||1 Hour||Work-around or Fix restoring functionality of Product (restored to Severity 2 or better level of functionality) within one Business Day and Fix for Error within 10 Business Days.|
|2||2 Business Hours||Work-around or avoidance within 10 Business Days and Fix within 20 Business Days|
|3||4 Business Hours||Fix available in next Product release|
|4||8 Business Hours||N/A|
Coiled Cloud and Teams Support Levels
|Priority Level||First Response||Delivery of Correction or Work-around|
|1||4 Business Hours||Work-around or Fix restoring functionality of Product (restored to Severity 2 or better level of functionality) within two Business Days and Fix for Error within 20 Business Days.|
|2||12 Business Hours||Work-around or avoidance within 15 Business Days and Fix within 30 Business Days|
|3||1 Business Day||Fix available in next Product release|
|4||1 Business Day||N/A|
Section Six: Exclusions
Unless otherwise agreed to in an applicable Order Form, no Support and Maintenance can be provided for (i) Products that are modified by Customer personnel or by third parties; (ii) problems caused by accident, neglect, misuse or improper programming by Customer personnel; (iii) failure or fluctuations in electrical power or hardware equipment; or (iv) failure of Customer to fulfill its obligations under its written agreements with Coiled.
Support and Maintenance does not include or cover support that becomes necessary due to:
- A malfunction of equipment or media not supplied or maintained by Coiled;
- Extensions to the Products involving custom or client-specific code (whether created by Coiled or Customer);
- Software configuration;
- Code required to feed data to Products (feed-related code);
- Project management and training;
- A failure of hardware, equipment or programs not covered by this Agreement;
- Use of software not obtained from Coiled under this Agreement;
- Use in a production environment of any release of the Products not marked as “Generally Available”;
- Any cause or causes beyond the reasonable control of Coiled (e.g. floods, fires, loss of electricity or other utilities), errors arising from anything other than the Product, such as databases, web-servers or hardware;
- Customer’s failure to comply with operating instructions contained in the Documentation;
- Any modification, enhancement or customization of the Products made by anyone other than Coiled;
- APIs, interfaces, web services or data formats other than those included with the Product; or
- Any third-party products except to the extent that they are provided by Coiled, and then only in support of the specific interface or functionality that is intended by Coiled.
- Coiled will support the most current product release and versions. The most immediate prior release will be supported for at least six months after the release of the next major version.
Section Seven: Definitions
- “Business Day” means each day Monday through Friday except on national holidays in the United States
- “Business Hours” means 9am -5pm Pacific Time on a Business Day.“Customer” means the entity purchasing the Support and Maintenance.
- “Documentation” means any Coiled end user manuals or Coiled on-line help files regarding the use of the Products that accompany the Products, as revised by Coiled from time to time.
- “Error” means a reproducible failure in the Product to materially conform to the specifications as described in the applicable Documentation when operated in a supportive environment and in accordance with the applicable Documentation.
- “Fix” means any change that Coiled makes to a Product including changes made for purposes of maintaining system compatibility, error correction, improved operation and security and Workarounds that establish or help to restore material conformity to the specifications in the Documentation for that Product. A “Fix” is generally an interim solution for a specific customer problem and may also include any recommendations or advice including recommendations that Customer migrates to a current Upgrade.
- “Upgrade” means any version of a Product that is released later in time with a higher version number.
- “Work-around” means an interim resolution of an Error and may include instructions for who to avoid the Error or specific modifications to the Product to address the critical problems. In some cases, the Error addressed by the Workaround will be permanently resolved in a later Upgrade; or the Work-around may be considered final if it materially reduces the impact of an error or defect.