Dask Live by Coiled: October 2021
Get started with Dask with a hands-on tutorial led by Coiled’s OSS Engineer Naty Clementi.
We’re excited to announce our new live program: Dask Live by Coiled! Get started with Dask with a hands-on tutorial led by Coiled’s OSS Engineer Naty Clementi.
Dask is a parallel computing library that scales the existing Python ecosystem. It can help you scale up to use the full potential of your laptop, and even scale out to a cluster of machines: on-prem or on the cloud!
For data analysis and machine learning, we have great libraries like pandas and scikit-learn. They work well for problems that fit in a single machine, but for larger problems, you will run into compute or memory constraints. Dask and Dask-ML provide a pythonic interface that mimics pandas, NumPy, and Scikit-Learn but can operate in a parallel and distributed environment.
After attending, you’ll know:
- What Dask is, and why and when you should use it,
- How to parallelize existing code using Dask Delayed,
- Dask single machine vs Dask distributed schedulers,
- How to manipulate bigger-than-memory data frames with Dask DataFrames,
- How to do scalable machine learning with Dask-ML
Join us on Wednesday, October 6th at 6 pm EST by signing up here to kickstart your journey with Dask!